View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
cusper

Thanks for this post Raider. I am struggling with the same things too. My husband still drinks though. i have those same urges to just pack up and go... especially if he is drinking and ranty. But it's not just that, on weekends he always seems a bit lost and I feel like I have to cater to him (that's just an innate thing i have) when I have so many creative projects on the go and it's frustrating. What I am learning is that I have stopped lingering about waiting for him to do or say anything and just get on with what I am doing. However I did say to him last night that I find it difficult to talk to him sometimes. I did tell him not long ago that if this is all it's going to be forever there is no way I could possibly psychologically take it without snapping. So I am just making plans and I hope he will want to be part of them and make an effort. However I don't want to be like all the women in my family who stuck around and got real resentful later on. Everyone has told me that the first year of recovery soooo many changes take place and not to make any rash decisions.