View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 01:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

silkspin---If it were me AND IT WAS BOTHERING ME AS MUCH AS IT IS BOTHERING YOU...I would let her in on it. I wouldn't make a bit deal about it..just tell her that you thought she would want to know. Then I would tell him that I had told her.

He may or may not remember it--but, keep in mind that he is almost certain to deny it. (that is why I would tell her first).

This kind of thing frequently happens with drunks (or people who are verrry drunk). It has happened to me on more than one occassion--over the years. Once, it was my boss's husband. At a Christmas party at their house for the entire staff. On the way down the small hall to the bathroom--he suddenly grabbed me and tried to kiss me!! And, he was a policeman. I pushed him away as hard as I could--and, said--"what in the hell are you doing--are you crazy?!" I didn't tell her--we weren't close and I didn't like her very much, anyway. I have actually never had it happen with anyone that was very close to me--like a sister or very best friend. If it had--I would tell them. I would want to know if it were MY husband!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am just letting you know my take on it.
It sounds l ike you are still somewhat "shocked" by this. To me, this is understandable.

This doesn't have to destroy the relationship between you and your sister. If you don't make a big deal about this---just let her decide how she wants to handle it. I would bet the m ilk money that she will not be surprised--that she already knows that he is not trustworthy in this area. He will probably never try this again, with you--whether he denies it or not.

dandylion