Old 06-01-2014, 01:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
PipeBomb

Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
Why is she supposed to be going back 3 years and make something
a big deal and worthy of your attention/shock/sadness?
She isn't meant to do anything.

We are in a relationship and as such this has been an issue between us which we discuss.

My point is, by thinking her cocaine use wasn't / isn't a big deal - that makes it a big deal. I'm shocked by her lack of "appreciation / acceptance" of a very dark period and its worrying to me that she doesn't think such. Because the result is, her "friends" can offer her cocaine, and she doesn't see it as a big deal. To this day, she still can't tell the woods from the trees.

As you say (and this was her reasoning) that they were being "polite" by offering the drug, which as you say is laughable, but these lost souls are not my responsibility. But I can't shake the feeling that in three years she hasn't left the tone with her friends that she is well past that stage in life in order for them to do this. I feel as though with her friends - who are all fine with heavy drug use - she puts up a image which is closer in line with who she really is, which is a problem. A person who sees nothing wrong with cocaine use. The other option is, that these people are sick and vile. They knew of the issues we were having and it's not exactly the sort of thing you'd forget about due to how unnatural the habit is. Sadly, there are a lot of SICK people out there.

I'm sure if she had to go to the funeral of a drug abuser she may change her stance, as it might if it were actually one of her friends. As I'm sure she would if she had to sit on a rehab clinic with people who took it a little further than she did. As I'm sure she would if she done the proper research into the substance and objectively looked at where she was in life and who she was sharing a title with. But she won't, it's too uncomfortable for her sadly and I don't think she's big enough to look at herself.