Thread: Waking up at 54
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 11:18 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
360shoes

Originally Posted by irma View Post
Good to know there are so many older ladies here. I really didn't expect that. I think that is partly because we hide our behavior more as we age. I know I did anyway.
This has been a nice gift to me too Irma. Thanks Rtist4ever for the post. You helped a lot of people because of that!

It is nice to hear stories of other people...man or woman..who got a chance to learn about themselves all over again at this watershed age in our lives! And just when I thought I experienced everything and there was nothing new out there to get excited about. Boy was I wrong. This is kind of turning into the happiest I've ever been.

I chalk this up to being sober and finally being comfortable in my own skin. Finally. Some of my flaws went away just because I quit drinking. Some of them stuck around. That's cool. I have the clarity to determine which ones I want to work on and which ones are just quirks.

Did anyone else when they were younger always feel like they didn't really know themselves? Feel like they just reflected what other people expected or what we thought they expected or was that just me?

This might be my favorite gift of not drinking. I feel I really have gotten to know myself. And I actually like her.