Thread: So angry
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 10:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Nuudawn

Ah I'm sorry you have to deal with this. I'm gonna bare a little more than I want to ..but somehow I think I need to be honest in this ole sobriety thang. Last weekend I had 9 days sober when the man in my life invited another couple over for dinner. He had been pretty supportive of my sobriety up until that point but has some drug use issues himself (although not a drinker to speak of and not fond of mine).

The female guest whom I had never met before was perhaps one of the most annoying women I have ever met. I felt this within first 10 minutes. She was drinking wine. My man said he was going to "have a few drinks"...and well...a little recreational cocaine. I knew I wanted wine...so if I went along with his recreational...I knew he wouldn't say "boo" bout my wine (whereas he would have otherwise).

I drank a bottle of wine...and did drugs (not normally my thang) in order to tolerate a situation I felt intolerable (said woman). But let's face it...my addiction was just dying for an excuse to drink...and I found one. I am ashamed to admit all this...but..I realized that I can't bank on my man to be my support in sobriety.

It has to be all me (and the cool cats at SR).that help me do this thing.

Please don't let his use be a trigger...a reason...a justification...excuse..whatever...for you to lose your good stuff.