View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Oldselfagain

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
Not so fast... Being doomed because of our perceived flesh mortality is not guaranteed either, imo. Human mortality itself is on the edge of being redefined as our knowledge of sciences and consciousness expands exponentially these present biological limits. I guess for me as well, if the premise of being doomed is based on the simplicities of the diminishing flesh, then what purpose serves consciousness to be shackled to such a premise? We have created our philosophies. Soon enough, followed our creation of sciences and advanced technologies. Clearly, and soon enough, well within this century, our sciences and technologies will re-create what it means to be human, and this process will be a brand new dance for all of us in the human collective. Death itself will be redefined. How awesome is that? I can't help but wonder how many of us will wake up one collective morning in human history and realize a lot of our personal choices (are) were never anything more then children playing with still learning to be human and finally warming up to embracing our own immortality.
Sounds like a nice fantasy novel or movie.....but back to reality....

We all on this thread seem to have different things that work in helping us remain sober. For some it's AA, for others it's RR, others it's some philosophy or "ism". However, at it's most base level it is simply making a choice. Do you pick up that drink, put it to your mouth and swallow and continue on that path of self destruction? Or, do you choose not to drink and essentially choose life. For me the choice is simple....I choose life each and every time.