Old 05-31-2014, 02:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
DisplacedGRITS
Crazy Cat Lady

I was living alone when my drinking got bad. Husband was working in Wisconsin for several months and I was alone in Alabama. So I didn't have to hide my empties until I moved to Wisconsin. Then, I was like a squirrel on the last week of fall. Hide, hide, hide, HIDE! I poured 1.75L bottles of vodka into small water bottles I would scatter in various places. That way, no matter what room my husband or roommates were in, I could disappear into a room and know a bottle was in there, waiting for me.

I hid the empties too. I scattered my fallen soldiers in a million dumpsters and cans. Church dumpsters, public trash cans in parks, neighbor's cans on trash day.....I knew where all the easily accessible dump sights were in my little area. If I was too drunk to go scatter my empties, I hid them in the garage. When we moved, I found fallen soldiers in cat carriers, behind sheetrock, in luggage...no hidey hole escaped my notice. Wanna know something awful? I got a thrill out of hiding my evidence. Yeah, I was soooooo clever! :/

I don't quite know what happened. I'm just grateful that I'm alive and my life experiences can be used to help others like me.