View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 11:59 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Stoogy
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by reisingwood1 View Post
Hey everyone, I'm not exactly new to sobriety but I guess The last 5 month binge has hurt me so bad physically that I'm very ready to give complete abstinence another try. Firstly though I have to get that first full day. I've chosen tapering over treatment for many reasons-not the least of which is money--but also because I really want to do it. I'm an around-the-clock drinker and recently as last week was killing a fifth along with up to four hurricane 2x4's a day starting at 6am. So last week I noticed that to drink made me very ill and yesterday It took 16 hours to do 5 beers-Each one with alot of nausea and not much improvement in the head change area. So my body is totally rejecting it. So I went 12 hours w/out and decided I will only have one when I get the shakes and sweats (8:30 this morning). So far, so good. Had some chest ache today but that has been going on for awhile. Am planning to have one more at 5 pm. Yes I'm irritable but am actually feeling much better than I thought I would. So it seems 4 units every 8 hrs. is working for me. In 2 days I'm going down to 3 (a 5.9%er) and then 2. I have been taking b12, b1, folic acid, potassium, C and zinc for the last month. I expect insomnia but have had it for 2 months with alcohol. My goal is 10 days max. Anyone out there had success with this or similar reduction methods? Feel free to let me know what you think. I'm gonna keep posting here.

I tried tapering too my friend, just for me it doesn't work as I'm far too greedy with drink and cutting back is too hard for my self control. I simply had to quit, for me it's all or nothing.