View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 08:58 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Siesta

Cowboy,
What a great post. I'm with you about keeping up with this thread. I love that I can always count on it to be full of great advice.
Thanks for the stepparent advice. My stepson and I have a great relationship but I was a lot more involved with him at a younger age. With my stepdaughter she's always said that I'm not her mom. Totally understandable and hopefully she'll come around. Currently she is couch surfing in another state with some drug addicted boy at her side. Popping in and out of her mom's place and wreaking havoc at their house. I wish we could just hit the fast forward button to the time when everyone is telling me she'll grow out of this. On a daily basis though we are just hoping that she is safe.

Feeling very grateful for sobriety these days. Now is the first time we haven't had a child in our home and I think it's giving us more time to reflect. Our health is good, jobs are thriving, and we live in a beautiful little town. We took time out yesterday to go lay at the beach before hubby heads out on a long 10 day work trip. It was nice to just be still and appreciate what we have and have worked so hard for. All of this would have been lost without sobriety.