Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Notimetoloose

the type of responses they receive. They are then told that it's "tough love" or the "voice of wisdom" and it's uncanny because if you exchange the words "alcohol" with "belief" it sometimes becomes verbatim what I am told.
Lance, I have similar feelings as well or as the they say 'same, same but different'.

I was raise very strict Catholic at home and in a very strict private catholic school where dogma and indoctrination of that belief was fed to us for every aspect of our lives as the only way of life. Everything else was wrong and there really was no other room for any other beliefs.

Any questioning or queries were met with platitudes and cliched responses along with either a punishment or a sacrifice or both dished out to us for questioning the powers that be.

Ironically, these days I am an atheist and I and feel so very comfortable in my belief system.

I can also get upset with the one size fits all approach of some people, not just here but for many things in general life.
However, I have to accept that they really are trying to share what has worked for them and really just want to pass it on. I believe their intentions are good.

The value is in that they are free to express their beliefs and their way to sobriety, our freedom is that we can choose to ignore it or take it on board.

And if it all gets too heated hit the ignore/block button.