View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Pia

Originally Posted by LoveMeNow View Post
Great post!

Just an FYI.....it is important our affirmations are positive because

“The subconscious does not recognize what isn’t there or what doesn’t exist, so effective affirmations are phrased in the positive. This means that you should leave out the word not from your affirmations, as well as any contraction that contains not, such as don’t, won’t, and can’t. For example, if you’re trying to stop smoking and want to write an action affirmation for yourself, your instinct might be to write, “I am not a smoker.” But the subconscious has no idea what not is, and ignores it. This turns your affirmation into “I am a smoker,” which is exactly the opposite of what you want to reinforce! An effective affirmation you could use instead is, “I am smoke-free.” If you need extra reinforcement, you can write other action affirmations and include reasons you are smoke-free. For example, you could write, “Be “cause I am healthy, I am smoke-free.”

(Excerpt From: Susan J. Elliott. “Getting Past Your Breakup.” )

I never knew this and decided to share.
Thank you I will apply what you mentioned. It makes sense. I love love love learning more and about me. I was reading my Abandonment book this morning and learning new things is exciting now im not scared like I use to be. !!!!