Old 05-27-2014, 04:23 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
zeroptzero

"I understand that tough talk is necessary eventually but right now it's just great to have support."

I'm not sure what kind of "support" you are looking for. If it's support for you to continue on the path you're on, or support for you to try to achieve change using your prior methods, I for one can't help you with that.

And I wonder what "tough talk" means to you? Hearing things you don't want to? People suggesting methods that worked for them that you just don't want to try? People who care about you and your life telling you that you need help and you need to make changes?

I am trying to remember what the source of my arrogance and stubbornness was toward the end. I guess it was because I had a good job, nice house, kept up some of the outward appearances. I was still in deep trouble and ended help.

I think my stubbornness and arrogance were for the most part just denial and the addicted part of me protecting and preserving my entitlement to keep drinking.

It would be awesome to see you beat this thing. I believe you can do it. I do think that you will need to set aside some stubbornness and try some things you don't want to.