Thread: Extremely lost
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
benniesauntie

Hey there. I'm 25 and today is my day 57 sober. And I feel like ****. And I don't know why. And I totally know what you mean about remaining on the couch. I've spent so much of my life doing that, as a drug user, drug abuser, alcohol user, abuser and alcoholic. I think a big thing that helps me is being on an antidepressant. It at least gives me a stable mood so I can get off the couch for the most part. The only other things that help are the exercise and healthy eating. And I know those are the hardest things. Do you have someone close to you that could help you? This time I quit drinking the only thing that's helping me is exercise... I guess it's become a substitute. But the only reason I get to the gym is because my sister comes with me every time. And was very helpful to get me eating better. I wish you the best of luck. And I'm so willing to chat further if you want.

Also I just reread your post. I'm also struggling to deal with my family's addictions. I guess our addictions are rooted on so many levels... All we can do is our best to make ourselves healthy.