View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 05:29 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  
LillianGish
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by NewLeaf View Post
AV almost just got me.

I injured my foot on Thursday night and not only is it really painful, I haven't been able to get anything accomplished since. Taking care of the sweet but anxious Pitbull we rescued until my daughter moves into her new apartment in August is more time-intensive than she led us to believe would be the case (too much to go into here now), and she was diagnosed with mono the other day, leaving her unable to visit and provide as much relief as promised. The oldest of our two Goldens seems to be shutting down, all of a sudden, and it looks like he's not long for this world.

I've been feeling trapped by circumstances lately and it would be so nice to be able to take a little break from reality. At least that's the way I was thinking a half hour ago.

At least for today, I'm not giving in though. Instead, I'm doing this: At least for today.
Hang in there New Leaf. You know that a drink really isn't a break from reality....reality is always there. Just gets worse when we drink.

Sounds like you have your hands full. Sorry about your dog. Hope the golden comes through.

I know the feeling of being busy for everyone else. Carve out some quiet time is my advice. This always helps me when I can do it....