View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 11:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Gazza

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Gazza- You are handling your relationship with dignity, and I would say that it has much to do with your sobriety. Expressing your feelings..once.. is all you really need to do. I unfortunately, not too long ago, was also that person pleading and begging and carrying on (sometimes sober, sometimes not). I commend you for being able to rise above that and not allow yourself to get into that desperate state. We can’t force people to behave the way we want them to by acting a certain way or by saying the “right” thing. It never works. And you are saving yourself so much heartache by rising above that. If it’s meant to be, it will be. Easy to say, harder to believe, I know.
Thanks FABL this good advice. Youve laid out in words what I sorta thought but couldnt express. I find it easy to believe but harder to do. The thing thats pulls me down into the pleading is that she seems so cold. I just dont understand how in three weeks it goes from "i love you and miss you cant wait to get home" to ignoring a simple message about the weather with no pleading or emotion at all. I am working to not turn to anger and resentment.

Im sorry about your friend I hope connecting with her family gives you some peace and lifts your heart a little. Youve helped me a lot today Im sorry theres nothing I can really do for you.

Thanks
G