Thread: Facebook posts
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
thotful

Technically, I don't know what people are thinking (individually) and most of my family members say little to nothing about the situation. I suppose the way I wrote my message gave the wrong impression. My wife has been called names, insulted, it's been argued that I should divorce her, etc. I gave the two siblings and their wives the option to meet with us for counseling and they turned it down (one couple didn't even respond). Not a single one of the four has said one thing to my wife for several years (she has not called names nor insulted them, by the way), yet when I rarely showed up for some "family" function, they would try to say "hello" to me and not her to pretend like things were all the sudden OK without apology or amends. They even offered "hey, can we spend time with you but not her?". yeah, it was a flat-out no from me. They hadn't even tried to resolve anything.

The person I was talking about was me. I am the one that's being emotionally abused by those four individuals and I feel upset with the rest of my family members' reactions to it. It's basically akin to an ostrich with its head in the sand. I feel rejection, abandonment, and betrayal from the emotional abuse from the four, and then similar feelings with the neglect from the rest of my family. Then again, I shouldn't be too surprised, and probably should expect this kind of reaction? It's like right out of textbooks, right? The victim in circumstances if often blamed and/or discounted in favor of family unity. It's really sad.

I suppose I find more hope, peace, and serenity when I take care of me. Looking at my life and struggles and working on that - that which I have control over. Yes, I believe facebook is the place to compare other people's highlight reels with our behind-the-scenes. Much of what's posted there is pure illusion - kind of like reality tv. That's why I do something different with it. I am honest on there.

P.S. - I like the suggestion to make a comment that mentions the person's name. I might try that.