Thread: Facebook posts
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 10:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
thotful

Facebook posts

I have 6 brothers and a sister. I'm estranged from 2 brothers and their wives. However, I get along fine with the rest. Whenever I'm invited to do things that includes everyone, I pass.

My SIL that I get along with fine posted about a trip that many of my family members went on (including the ones I don't wish to see or speak to). She has a bunch of photos up showing people all in smiles. I feel sad that I can't have some time with people without having to interact with the family members who are behaving abusively towards my wife and I.

I don't feel comfortable liking the post or the photos, but I get along great with, spend time with, etc with many of the other people (including the SIL that posted it). I don't want to give the wrong impression that "everything is fine" if I comment, "glad you had a good time" or something like that.

Do I just not say anything and leave it be?

If I say anything at all, I don't like feeling like I'm being dishonest and would have the urge to point out my frustration in some way. As in, why exactly are the rest of my family seeming like their "cool" with the situation? That a loved one of theirs has been abused (without any apology or amends of any kind and a refusal to attend counseling) and you're hanging out with the people that have been abusive and you're loved one is excluded.

thoughts?