Thread: 2 days sober
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 04:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
DeterminedNow

Hi Dee, least, thanks for your replies.

Well... I ended up staying at home! I thought about it i really did. My flat is literally 2 minutes away from the bar a couple of friends were going to but instead I finished off cleaning up the mess from the binge in my first post, went and got some vegetables to make some vegetable juice and got chinese takeaway. The walk to the shop actually passes the bar in question so I was leaving my options open, but it was weird - I saw a group of four guys outside having a smoke, generally being loud, raucous and drunk and I thought, I don't want to be a part of that.

If I'd seen any of my friends out there my reaction would have been entirely different so I'm treating it as a sign.

You are both entirely right though, when I got back home I did have an urge, as I had the football on in the flat and one team scored and I thought god I bet the pub's bouncing right now.

I'm definitely not ready for that sort of atmosphere. Temptation would have been everywhere and I still feel like I have the breaking strain of a KitKat sometimes.

Thanks again.