Thread: 2 days sober
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 10:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

Welcome.

You sound like you've been through the wringer hard with this stuff.... and the pattern of binge and regret and then try to stop and then feel better and go right back at it is familiar to me, as it will be to a lot of people here.

Also the comments on the availability, the getting heckled for not drinking, the culture. All of that is stuff I also struggled with. Whether working in the UK with hard-drinking colleagues, hanging in Australia with mates, or right here in my hometown in small-town America; it's everywhere.

But it's totally possible to hang out and have fun and live life - even more richly than you ever dreamed - without the terrible plague of alcohol bringing you down.

This is a good place to turn for support in staying on track. AA would be another good pillar of support in an active sobriety plan. I wish I'd got onto that path when I was your age instead of carrying it on another ten years.

Frankly - from what you describe, I'm not sure you'd have another ten years in you with the level of trauma you're dealing your body. Hang out here with us and discover the joy and the beauty that life has to offer all on its own without the poison.