View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

I see three shining rays of light in your crappy situation.

I find that when I'm in a super crappy situation, focusing on the shining rays of light is a great way to get through.

I also find that we get more of what we focus on, so here are the rays of light I'd like to reflect;

1 - You are here, posting on this site, having recently been in detox and though you are drinking and smoking a part of you obviously doesn't want to be or you wouldnt even BE here. The shining ray of light is the Self within you who loves you and wants you to leave this cycle and make a change in your life that honors the REAL you, behind the haze of addiction. Focus on that Self, let that Self shine through and listen and honor.... you have the blessing of a chance to accept that Self and take action to move to a better place. You know that smoking and drinking is working against you. That is a gift because it's a place to start.

2 - In the ruin of your situation, you have at least a cushion. You have some financial resources coming to you that - assuming you get your ***t together and don't descend into a binge-land of darkness, depression and addiction and lose it all - will give you something upon which to start anew.

3 - You have a dog. Life is always a little better with a dog.

Please don't wait until you 'get physically addicted again'. You know what will change things for the better, for REAL. Focus on that. Put down the booze and the smoke.