View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 09:54 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
BlueSkies1

Ariel, I am impressed. You are taking action, and good action. Very impressed.

Yes, he needs that job. He needs it not only to contribute, and so that we don't look down on him (or anyone else in the world think badly of him), he needs it for his own dignity! Then you can be proud of him, he will be proud of himself, and see everybody gets healthier because of it! I can imagine if a man such as himself succeeds in getting a job, that he will come to you after his dignity is restored, and may even thank you for pressing the issue. Even if he doesn't, and it hardly matters, but with his dignity and self-esteem on the path to restoration, he will feel so much better about himself, and it will reflect in his relationship with his family. What person feels good about themselves knowing they are being a lazy loser? It's not like people enjoy feeling that way about themselves, and they do know it, deep down even if they are in denial.

I am the one who used the word "doormat". I didn't say you were a doormat. I said you painted a picture of a useless husband and you as a doormat. When you say "I am not a DOORMAT!" That is exactly the type of thinking you need in order to change things so that indeed you are not a doormat.

Ultimately I said that to point out that you need to force change, one way or the other, and now you are doing just that. Good for you!