View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Chibi

Need some advice

A month ago my AH decided he wanted help. He spent a week in an inpatient program, moved to a sober house and was attending a day program. He attended three days of a two week program and relapsed. He decided he wanted to go to a residential rehab program. So we worked out a plan to get in the program, appeared to maintain sobriety until a bed could be found, but unfortunately he came down with a legit medical condition and we had to delay due to several days of hospitalization.

So the crux of the issue is this. I told him if he worked his program and maintained 3 weeks sober he could go on a family trip with us. He could not meet the target. He met half the target. It's Memorial Day weekend and we are leaving on Friday, AH wants to come with us. Memorial Day had always been a big deal. I know if he goes with us he won't have access to cash, drugs or booze. We are going camping in the woods at a family resort. I almost feel like if he is working his sobriety to go on vacation without him at the time would be almost cruel. I am still angry and I haven't been really nice. But I feel like he is reaching out for help. Like a I want to have fun without drugs kind of help.

I am kind of not sure what to do here. I think he sounded really sober, and had clarity. But I have been fooled before. I have a session with my therapists tommorow, I just wanted so feedback to help orient my thoughts.