Old 05-21-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ipanema

To DoubleDragons. On Step Two:

I was also raised in the Catholic Church and rarely missed a Sunday. Back then it was a venial sin to miss Church (the olden days). The concern/terror about sin and being punished by a variety of unknown punishers kept me going. My Parents sometimes missed. I went with my Dad if at all possible. I had undiagnosed Caustraphobia and my Dad just helped me if I fainted. My Mother made me feel guilty and said I was faking for attention. She was a fun person....#$%#$%#@$.

So, I had no trouble with the concept of a Higher Power. For me, I have the triple protection of God, Son and Holy Goast. As I get older I rely on my Higher Power(3) for the tinest, small, medium and large events and concerns. It works! I try to stay in the now and let the Higher Powers take away my fears. The more I do it, the easier it gets. I turn it over for finding a parking place, helping me not to overshop, not to spend too much time worrying, etc. etc.

The turning it over is not to be taken lightly for me. It is combined with good Counseling from a lovely man for at least 10 years, once a week, no matter where I am be, even Overseas! I truly believe God/HP found Him for me many years ago when I was ready to seek into Insanity over my job and other concerns. I found him in the Phone Book, of all things. Even tho he is a male I talk about everything to him. Some weeks I need two sessions. All this is covered by Medicare. Thank You God

I have so much faith in my HP that I believe that keeping in close contact will help me make some major health decisions (a surgery coming up) as to whether to return to my home (my wishes) or stay with relatives (doctor's suggestion).

I look forward to the comments here on SR on Step Two. I believe also that Step Two and Three are so intertwined that I have to talk about them somewhat together. But I will do a Step Three after I see other comments about it. I am sure I will be inspired. Ipanema