View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 09:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
paige73

Actually, she's very much a combo of the "B" disorders.

But here's the thing....I remember my AH before he progressed into what he is now. Did he have some tendencies? Yes....but we all do. They're only "disorders" when it disrupts life. Does he exhibit more of these traits now that he's a RA? Absolutely!!!

His mother has always been this way without alcohol. (even as a child, if you listen to what siblings, etc says or you listen close enough to her stories of her childhood)

Is it possible that some alcoholics resembles a person with a PD without really having one? Isn't that why that dx should not be given while actively using?

I guess PD really scare me. It's not like a chemical imbalance that you can correct, its WHO you are. It takes alot more work to fix ones personality IMO then to take a pill for a biological reason.

I guess bottom line is this.....like begets like. I can see traits that I really don't like in his family....perhaps the underlying AH will be like that even without the alcohol, in which case, there are big decisions ahead.