View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bellajack4

Help please.....:(

Hello everyone,
I am new here and this is my first time ever writing for help and support. I am or was in along distance relationship with an alcoholic. We've been together or known each other for over 2 years. I've gone to visit him twice already and was planning to visit him again this summer. The first time I visited him was 3 months after we met on line. Before we met I knew he had trouble with alcohol. We would talk and he would be drunk and was an angry drunk. Would swear and call me names. I finally went to visit him 3 months after we met and I fell in love even more. But in that visit, he ended up trashing the hotel room I stayed in and he ended up in the hospital because of alcohol. I had to pay for all the damage and I stayed an extra week to take care of him. I don't know why I stayed and I don't know why I fell in love but I did. Fast forward to 2 years later, we've broken up and got back and he continued to drink and I stayed around and try to help him. He was in a sober living house from November until The end of March. He was doing well. He had a job and hadn't had a drink since he had moved in the sober living house. Then when he moved out in April and moved in with a female roommate. Since then he texted me less and less and called me even less but still told me he loves me and can't wait for me to come visit him. Until about a week ago when he called me drunk and he was arguing with his roommate. I knew he was hiding something and I knew he was with her because he stopped calling me from the appartement and only called me from outside. I called him on it and he denied anything was happening and he said it was all in my head and that he can't be bothered to deal with my insecurities. Until I told him that I heard him say things to her when he thought he had hung up. Anyways, I told him goodbye and that I'm not mad at him just hurt and I haven't heard from him for a week. I don't want to call him but I'm worried about him. He is alone and has no one. I don't care if he is with another girl but why couldn't he just be honest. Please help me understand this and I need help just to get through this. Please...