Old 05-18-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
grubby

Originally Posted by Raider
Even if i haven't experienced some of the extreme and bizarre stuff I have read, I don't post a judgement on it. Regardless of how I feel about the posters behavior. I just think they are addicts like the rest of us, just acting out in a way that is not similar to mine. Like a lot of the posters here, I gave moderation a try. At the end of the day, whatever works for you is ok. Blessings.
My apologies, i did not intend to offend anyone. I was just stating some observations i had made.

In the future i will be more careful and be sure to include "in my opinion" or a similar phrase. It's too bad this forum is set to block editing of posts past 15 minutes, i re-read my own post a few minutes ago....... and i agree it does sound a little judgmental. I'll try and choose my words more carefully next time

back on topic.......

Originally Posted by Makrellen
my biggest problems are probably isolation, depression and social anxiety, and alcohol "helped" with that
I think this is the same for a lot of people, America is such a socially cold lonely place......... so im not surprised we are the leader for drug abuse in general. Depression was a big reason i started drinking as well.

As my head has been clearing up, i've come to realize that alcohol was just a band-aid............ it didnt really do anything for me once the dust settled. Oh, but it certainly came with all kinds of "hidden fees" and fine print.........