Old 05-18-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

I nearly got myself free a number of times - but I convinced myself that the other problems sobriety uncovered were worse than my drinking.

I was of course tragically deluded.

It's your choice of course Mak...but you quit for a reason - suggesting that a mere 20 days later you can dance a little with the devil again is every alcoholic's dream.

It seems there are different types of drinkers, i have read some rather perplexing, disturbing, and bizarre stories on here that go something like this:

"I was sober for a couple months, then one day i had just 1 drink....... then i couldnt stop myself and before i knew it i had drank 14 cans, it was like it happened by itself and i had no control at all, like someone else took over my body and mind"
I never went straight from one glass to 20...that would be proof of a problem even I could not deny grubby...

but I don't think you'll actually find many here who claim that. The path is a lot more subtle.

With me it as always gradual - a couple of drinks here...then a few more there, still more some time later.

I was like the mouse who didn't even know he was in the trap. Alcoholism is dangerous because it's so insidious.

D