Old 05-17-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ladyscribbler

For me this step has been a relief. Someone on the step one thread posted about planning, lists, predictions, etc. they gave the example of a camping trip. I've been on that camping trip many times, though it may have come in the form of a family "vacation" or even just a trip to the store.
My family was very invested in making dire doomsday predictions for the outcome of any situation. It was always a worst case scenario and was made to seem almost inevitable.
Step 2 has freed me from the need to overplan, project outcomes or try to control every external factor in order to avoid a theoretical disaster. For me the higher power doesn't have to be necessarily religious. It is enough for me to understand that I am not responsible for every outcome, for other people's enjoyment. I cannot and do not need to try to manipulate and control every outcome so that things are "perfect".
Saw a great quote on the f&f section. "God does not need me to direct all the traffic in the universe today."
Step 2 for me is about freedom, and being able to enjoy what IS, without worrying about what might or could or should be.