View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SorrowfulSoul

First DUI, terrified..

First let me say hello, this is my first post on here I found the site searching for other people who have been hit with a DUI and were feeling depressed and seeking answers.

Like the title says, I received my first what they call OVI (I live in Ohio) the other day, I'm not even sure if they're the same thing but I think so. I had two beers and went to get a pack of cigarettes when I got pulled over leaving the gas station for turning my lights on a bit too late. I spent the night in jail and the officer told me two was still over the limit and in his opinion not to blow cause if I did and blew over the penalties would be worse. I've never even had one speeding ticket or any form of trouble with the law before this happened and the experience has scared me to death, I never drink I used to when I was younger but I've been on a health kick (I set my mind to prove to myself I could lose the weight, I was 200+ and am now skinnier than I've ever been while still eating healthy) but I decided to drink a bit for the first time in years to kind of unwind cause my mother has been having health issues and it's been shaking me up, but I never expected this....the one night in jail had me scared to death, I never in my life want to go back, I learned my lesson I was so shaken I was even feeling suicidal, it was then I turned to God and have been letting him know how much I need him in my life an in a sense I have found peace but I'm still nervous about all this..

If someone could please shed some light for these upcoming months, I'd truly appreciate it I just don't want to go into this blind..everyone in jail was even laughing for how ignorant I was with everything. The officer even told me to use it as a learning experience cause it's not the end of my life...but honestly I'm worried it just may be, I'm an aspiring musician and had such high hopes and goals and then I made such a stupid decision...I know people say never say never but I honestly swear I will never turn back to booze..I was feeling better than ever after I stopped drinking..and one slip up already feels as if it's ruined my life, and the fact I made it happen just cause of my stupid decision to drink a liquid and get behind the wheel.. It wasn't worth it, being in jail even one night..made me realize staring out the window how much you can lose over one stupid choice. When I got out I had no idea where to go but just smelling the fresh air and walking around not being in a small room with someone I didn't even know..it made me realize how much of a blessing it was just to be free...the whole time I just wanted to see my mom again, I literally fell asleep on the couch beside her the second night I was out cause I realized how much I truly love my mother...I tried to hide all this but she knew the moment I came through the door something was wrong..it feels better having someone there for me but the disappoint in her eyes..was enough to make me never want to touch the stuff again....two beers and my license is gone, I may be facing the scariest charges of my life, and I ended up hurting the one woman who cares the world for me..was it worth it? Not at all...

Please if anyone could just tell me if there's any hope with this or what to do, let me know..my court case isn't for awhile but I can't help but constantly think of it even though I know I can't change the past, but hopefully I can change my future...the only thing keeping me strong is my faith and excercise..

Thank you for your time and reading this..I really had no idea where to turn for advice...