View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 03:24 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Ananda

Mom and guests will be arriving late this afternoon. I have things in order

The plan for what we are doing ... the organization ... just keeps changing, but we will be fine

I planned to work only in the morning, but Chris told me last night he needs to take me to work so he has the car (not sure why) ... his last final is at 4:20 (I think) .... So I may work till he comes in for his final and leave around 4pm instead of noon ... I think that will be less complicated.

Tonight we have to do a salad and iron his gown and figure out the "mortar" cap (I think that is what it is called). Then I decided that the best way in the morning is for him to take our van to go in at 7:30 and the rest of us to come in by 8:30 in a separate vehicle for the ceremony. There are lot's of people who will be sharing the bathroom in the morning and not enough room in one car to work so that seems best.

Nia brought in a present for me last night .... I thought it was a piece of her "squeaky squirle toy" ... but when I picked it up it was a dead mole! LOL I've never seen one before and so was surprised at how small and cute they look. Gunny assured us that he helped with the digging of holes to get to it although he was not particularly interested in the mole itself. Anyhow ... another critter I've never seen ...

Hope you all are doing well. I'm still struggling, but I have support and am doing ok. I can't believe how poorly I do stress LOL The Deans office sent over someone to help me push out some work and rethink some things. My co-worker has been very helpful. What works in processing paperwork when you have 70K to spend in a year and what works when you go up to 250K are not the same so I have to rethink how I processs paperwork. Although I hesitate on some of the suggestions, I'm open to it and am going to try some things I'm not comfortable with for a few months and then evaluate.

OK ... I did screw up and drink last Sunday. Even though it was only one day...the havoc it caused on my body and mind was like a two week binge. I'm back in the game and I'm making some changes (like I said at work, but also at home). Even though there is always an excuse if I want one, It does seem that my success at staying sober is increased if I make the needed changes at home and work and most of all in my thinking. I will never understand how I ever even consider it as an option! I seem to create my own stress (to some extent) which leads to me thinking I have a reason to drink. That's pure bull! Although the first step is don't go to the liquer store, the second step ... stop creating stress...has to follow. I'm thinking it comes down to change or die.

I really hope everyone is ok. I'll check in this weekend after graduation is over.