View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 10:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
EmmyG

Update - not so sad.

I last posted a really depressing message on Mother's Day. Just wanted to update and express some positivity.

While I've had some down days, I am actually really doing well with the separation. AH is shockingly keeping his stuff together so far. He has been there for the boys every time he said he would be and keeping the house together. He has been doing his share of taking care of them and not causing any drama in that area. He gets his brain scan results back Monday, so I'm curious to see what it says. We will know if he needs surgery or not.

I started exercising again. Broke myself in with a 3-mile jog the other night. I was so sore! But it felt really good. I also had a realization the other night that there are a million possibilities out there for me. Starting school in two weeks. I'm just enjoying the feeling of not knowing what's around the corner for me.

Leaving was the best thing I could have done, for all of us. I am no longer at the mercy of someone else - I don't have to worry that he's going to decide to go on a bender and mess up my night. It's SO MUCH better.