Old 05-15-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nicnac62

Someone please shed light on the situation

Hi so I'm new to this and I really just needed some type of advice from people who would understand the most what I'm going through. I'm not an addict, but my boyfriend/exboyfriend is. We started dating last year when he was almost a year into his recovery and we were amazing. I can honestly say I've never felt that way about anyone. Things started to get rocky when he moved into his own apartment out of a recovery house with another guy who was still using heroin.(he had no idea the guy was using) They rarely saw each other so for the first two months it was a non isssue(I assumed) until I got pregnant and had a miscarriage. Two weeks later my boyfriend relapsed and started to avoid me. He ended up moving back home twice to get clean and then he'd come back to the same thing again. We broke up but would still see each other. I could see it getting worse everyday and he did what most people on drugs do; lie, steal, etc. it wasn't until his dad literally came to the apartment and took him home that he started to get clean, but he'd ignore me for weeks at a time and I started to get worried. We talked about how he had to focus on his recovery and we'd continue to talk and when he was ready to be in a relationship we would be. Well now he's moving to Florida (were from PA) to a recovery house and we only talk when it's convienent for him, but the other day when we talked and I asked what we were doing he said nothing, we're both single. That he doesn't see this working out, well still be friends and he doesn't know how he feels about me anymore and we've barely talked, i keep nagging him and he doesnt see anything being fixed.. I replied by saying I understand now but what about in the future and he said well you never know I could meet someone. Honestly I am so hurt because I stuck by this man when no one else would and loved him when he wasn't very lovable. We went through some tragic experiences together and I guess my question is why do you think he's acting this way when just two weeks ago he wanted to be together and was afraid I'd leave him? Is it because he's moving far or because of the drugs? Or did i push him away with texting him everyday and asking why he wouldn't answer?