View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
happyandfree

rain in my heart

I watched the british YouTube video Rain in my Heart tonight. Someone from one of the forums recommended it. It's about 4 chronic alcoholic s who are very physically ill from alcohol and 2 die. They have done permanent damage to their bodies. It's an excellent film and very well done. And very scary. But it also made me think, well I was never that bad. I know there are varying degrees of the illness but I always considered myself a party girl who abused alcohol rather than a hard core alcoholic. .. I wonder if it could happen to me....but I've survived almost 6 decades and never totally succumbed to alcohol. I function, have a career, and a decent lifestyle. Yeah I've had too many hangover s and got sick and tired of being sick and tired a few days per week, once again. Well I guess writing this has helped me answer my own question. I've gotta keep at this. I need to try to continue to abstain even though I WASN'T THAT BAD! It was bad enough and I do feel so much better physically and mentally with my 3 and a half months of not drinking. I have plenty of denial, rationalization, minimization and all that good stuff. Anyone have thoughts on the varying degrees of the problem?