View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

lillamy---is that all the the therapist has to offer--that she wonders if your daughter successfully lied??!!! lillamy--I am seldom this direct--but, I feel soo sorry for your daughter! Freshman year is such a vulnerable time--and many personal issues come to roost at about this time for teen girls. Things that she is NEVER going to talk to you about--and maybe, not this particular therapist. She may not understand , herself, exactly what the "problem" is--or have the language to express it adequately. I can tell you one thing---her excuse is that she is lazy and doesn't see the point in school----that is a maneuver to avoid facing what the real issue/issues are--or to avoid telling what is really bothering her. I do remember this much from my adolescent developmental psych. course!!
lillamy--she isn't a bad kid; she is not hopeless; and, I think that your husband's suggestion is likely to make the situation worse, rather than better.
lillamy--I would suggest that you consult with an ADOLESCENT psychologist--one who only deals with adolescents. This can give you support as a parent of a teen and really find out what is really bothering or impeding your daughter. I wouldn't wait---it is better to get to the source of this earlier. The sooner; the better, really.

I am coming from my own experience....out of empathy for you and your daughter.
If I am too opinionated...please ignore me....

dandylion