View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Bilr44

Yes, there are non drinkers, absolutely. I don't want to drink, and won't regardless of the social pressure. I just don't want to make any hosts uncomfortable. I'm sure they will just shrug it off because not everyone drinks. One thing about Spain and Argentina, there is much less binge drinking, especially people who are middle aged and older. I've read articles where they are starting to have problems with younger people and binge drinking. When I lived there it was seen as insulting to appear in public intoxicated (boracho). I actually didn't drink much at all the last year I lived there, believe it or not.

I'm actually okay with not getting this job. I really just wanted an answer as I hate things hanging out there unanswered. To me I win if I work, and I win if I don't work. It tends to be a little boring without family or friends here but work really wouldn't solve that. I've never been one to socialize much with people that I work with. I'm going to take the time now to enjoy the last summer with my daughter and the trip to Argentina would be her and I.