View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 03:39 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  
Gilmer

After a lot of thought, I withdrew from my current class. I was going through the motions, but my mind wasn't grasping a thing. I don't know if it's the professor's style (certainly possible), or the dry academic-ness of the material (also a possibility)--or if my capacity for learning has just vanished! I kept reading the same sentences over and over and wasn't retaining a thing!

I am busy all this week--too busy to study--and then I have a new grandson coming. I know in the next couple months I'll be called upon to help babysit my granddaughter a lot. I think I will wait to resume my classes till I am really starved for them again.

I am really afraid that my academic gift has been whisked away as quickly as it was given. I used to teach classes, both for adults and teenagers; I put together study guides and taught an entire course that i designed.

Now I couldn't teach if my life depended on it! I have utterly nothing to say! I can't even come up with questions on a topic! My imagination is kaput!

"The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away!" I had the teaching gifts I needed for a specific season, and then the season was over. I wonder if the same is true of my scholastic career. I feel like my brain is suddenly made of stone!