View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

Sorry Dee, I've been time travelling again!!

Dottie, you aren't the only person who struggles with being non- judgemental there have been times I had to completely avoid newcomers posts for fear of what I might say.

Sometimes it isn't as easy as not wanting sobriety enough, sometimes it's about not having enough self belief, or will power, or it's listening to AV when it tells you that you don't really have a problem, not like the other suckers on here.

I do agree with Dottie on the benefits of long term sobriety, and the only way to find out for yourselves is to stop picking up

For what it's worth, I feel both you, Babs and You Jim, could benefit from loading your tool boxes in the early days of recovery while you are still enthusiastic, so reading, posting, looking up urge surfing. Prioritise your sobriety. Make it your number one target.
Think of what caused recent slips, and think about what you could have done differently.

I say this from experience, my frequent falls were mostly before I found SR, but I know that opening up here, owning my alcoholism and asking for help was what got one foot in front of the other on days I wanted to pick up.