View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sobriatea

Thank you freshstart 57! I have been reading many of your posts here over the past few days and have found much inspiration in them.

I know what you say is true, I do deserve it and I am just feeling so relieved that I no longer have to poison myself. I know I will be tempted by the beast much more harshly soon (I think it's just kind of in disbelief right now--this morning it said--yeah right, you're going to quit drinking and laughed at me) but right now I am just feeling elated imagining all the things I will now be able to do now that I am no longer held back by alcohol. And just the idea of never waking up sick again is a feeling of indescribable joy.

How many beautiful weekends have I missed laying in bed recovering? How many opportunities have I missed with wonderful people because they didn't drink like me? How many productive days have I missed because I just couldn't put that bottle down even when I told myself I would only have a few? More than I can count. But I have made up my mind--I do not drink anymore and I won't change my mind!
And that goes for smoking too!!!