View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Stoogy
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by vf1891 View Post
Today makes 3 weeks without any alcohol. I am feeling good and have been able to not pay heed to my Alcoholic Voice when it whispers it's reasons to me.

I asked my 15 year old son yesterday if he had noticed that I had not been drinking. He says that he has not noticed. I don't know if I really believe that since I have spent a lot more time with him lately in the evenings . He is at that age when he is starting to think drinking is cool. Hopefully I can be a good example to him and he will not waste all the years that I did.

I have been ok with the 1 or 2 drinks that my wife has a week. It has never been a problem with her. Her best friend died from alcoholism about 5 years ago. Her friend was a very talented professional. It was a great tragedy in my wife's office.

Well done on your first 3 weeks sober, it makes such a difference to your general well being both mentally and physically but even more than that well done on being a sober role model for your son, that's even more important.