View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 05:48 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
ArcticSA

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hey arctic

to stop myself from missing drinking I really had to change my life - find new goals, new priorities, new rewards, new coping strategies....

how much have you done in changing your life apart from the non drinking?

D
Not much Dee....I did get my my wonderful new boy, an older, gentle huge white Quarterhorse gelding. He is turning out to be huge motivation. He does a LOT of doody,heheh. And the other day I was out there for an hour and half shoveling and hauling manure in the 70 degree heat(not adjusted yet, felt like the Sahara Desert) and I simply, no way, could've done that hungover.

The hard part is, my biggest triggers are boating, cook-outs, and just family get togethers with extended family. Also me and my hubby used to spend so many evenings just sitting together drinking till we got drunk and being ridiculous and feeling young and silly and it was so much fun.

I can't very well stop hanging out with my family/husband. I know I sound like Im just making problems or whining but gosh, I am really, truly worried and almost sick when I think about this summer when I will be SURROUNDED by open water and sunshine and oldies playing on the radio and 14 people drinking..........am I supposed to beg off all these get togethers?!?
Oy vey....