View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 05:40 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
ArcticSA

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
I'm glad you posted your feelings, ArticSA. Getting it out there and validating them will help get them out of your head, and sharing with others who understand what you are sharing helps. I agree with Adee, I think we need to start filling our time with more rewarding and productive activities. I took the first step today and enrolled in a yoga class that starts a week from tomorrow, something I have wanted to do for many years.

For years ArticSA, drinking was our idea of fun, relaxation and escape. You hit your bottom with alcohol when it stopped working for you. It turned on you Artic and you fought to escape it! Don't allow your AV to take up space in your head. Write it out, if you must, the reasons you decided to quit. In times like this, it is easy to forget and fall prey to the lure of pleasurable times that haven't existed in many years.

The class I signed up for is offered through the community center. Why not take a look at what is being offered in your area? Give yourself something to look forward to, Artic, some me time that will recharge your batteries.

You can do this ArticSA and we are here to offer our support and encouragement.
Really wonderful words, thanks. I find myself reading them over and over again. It did turn on me didn't it?!?! I need to keep telling myself its the enemy, not an old friend dearly missed. The enemy!!!