View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
courage2
p***enger

Hi all --

Gleefan, you sound truly appreciative of your day with sons and moms.

Aly, Carlos is right on with the ice cream. I swear by 3 tablespoons of Ben & Jerry's to slam most cravings!

Boozefree, I hope everything went okay at the brunch. What's going on with the dog training class? Are you still doing it, and are you meeting any people there?

Carlos, what's on the calendar for the first day of freedom? I'm with you on the letting go of mom-stuff. I guess the simple fact is that my mother & I never bonded. She was a stranger with whom I was very close due to years of proximity. (sigh and moving right along...)

I spent the afternoon with former sponsor. We took a long walk, ate lunch, watched dogs & children. She's nags me a bit to put the lid on some of my trashcans other than drinking. Smoking is an obvious first. (Now Carlos gets interested.) I'm not a serious smoker, but when I quit drinking, I started using cigarettes to substitute for drinks, to start and end my workday and get me through the middle, too. Time to develop some other short-term motivation tools.

Hugs to all!