View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Bebetter

Hi all!
I got a new laptop, so I'm back in business. A few days after the cat puked on my keyboard, I dropped my laptop (totally by accident, I swear) and the screen cracked, making the whole thing completely unusable. I've been reading, but it's been a pain to post.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

I have to work today. This morning, I was out in the garden planting tomatoes, peppers and basil, and thinking about how last year, I was looking forward to champagne in the morning on Mother's Day. We had a picnic, and my husband got me white wine, and I was pretty buzzed after the morning champagne and lunch wine... I remember trying to appear completely sober for when we met up with my parents afterwards, and I probably failed miserably. I always felt awful being buzzed around my folks because I was a very good girl and high achiever growing up, and I felt like I failed them. And also because my dad's father was an abusive alcoholic and my dad rose above it and is a very normal drinker. He hated his father - I only met him once when I was like 4, and I hate that I probably reminded my dad of his own dad. I know my parents always worried about my drinking.... I have some pretty terrible memories of putting them through worry with it.