View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 12:24 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
CaringScared

Having a strange day. This morning I woke up and felt awful about everything, but reading the threads here and thinking about how to put certain principles into practice in a meaningful way in my own life, it really works.

From a message I sent to a kind and supportive person earlier:

You know, even since I posted this morning, I'm feeling better...I thought about some of my own issues (I certainly have some) and when I came away from that, my focus on the guy was dramatically lessened. I hadn't been expecting that. I felt like I was actually experiencing the efficacy of the principles everyone talks about on this forum--that once you start thinking about working on yourself, something shifts in you and you feel better able to detach.

One thing I'm thinking: even though the guy has his wonderful points, I think I may have been drawn to him in part to cover up some emptiness in myself, or even just to ignore my own problems. Weird realization.

Tomorrow I may feel differently than I did when I wrote that message, but something shifted and I'm not even thinking of how the guy is doing right now. This afternoon, I'm able to let go of it.