View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 05:05 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Croissant

Originally Posted by tim68 View Post
Reminds me of a girlfriend I had years ago before I got remarried. She ended up cheating on me and breaking my heart. I missed her badly for a couple years even after all the hurt she caused me. I realized that what I missed was the person she was...not the person who broke my heart. Just like I miss the way alcohol was kind to me in the beginning but now realize it slowly has tried to destroy me life. I don't miss her anymore...and I don't want to miss alcohol either. It was hard getting over her but I did. It will be hard leaving alcohol...but I will!
Thanks Tim - I actually nearly described it as the temptation of an old lover when I posted. You are exactly right.

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
You can't control what your AV *thinks*. It's a reflexive impulse created in an area of the brain that doesn't process thoughts.

You CAN control what you do.
Yes, agree. But to clarify, that was the frustrating thing....that here I was having all this internal turmoil over something I consciously do not "want" to do. The fight itself annoyed me, if that makes sense?