View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Noolan

Day 24.

I haven't been active on ST, so I'm sorry for that, but I'm so happy to be sober. I'm still seeing my therapist, so most of my work towards sobriety and reflection has been through her. Not to say I'm not eternally grateful for ST or the meetings I've gone through; they both gave me hope and kept me sober early on. Lately though, my cravings have really subsided and I haven't felt the need to go to meetings or post as frequent. The only way to describe it is as the cliche of alcohol being my crutches for living life. Well, since I've dropped that crutches, it feels like I've remembered that I have the ability to not only live without crutches, but I can RUN. I use to not be able to imagine a life without booze, but now I'm living( or running) again and I don't ever want to go back to limping through life on my crutches again.

Now I still have moments of regret and depression that I have to work through, but I'd rather feel those moments and work through them. Trying to numb them through booze didn't work and also robbed me from feeling the good feelings fully. It's a sick catch 22 when you think about it. Anyways, stay strong class!