View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 05:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
BlueChair

Originally Posted by bankerkid801 View Post
I can answer this because I was in the same exact situation, but I was the guy addicted to pills, sniffing heroin and buying scripts from friends. I was, like your boyfriend, ashamed of myself… truly. I was a college kid who had a privileged upbringing but unfortunately chose my friends unwisely and started "experimenting" with drugs. A few years later I was doing pain pill every day, and snorting heroin whenever I could get my hands on it. I lost my grandfather, who was like a father to me and this launched me into a state of depression that also fueled my drug addiction. Everything became worse! I too told my girlfriend that I thought she could do much better than me because I felt like a junkie. I really felt depressed all the time, partly because of the chemical changes my body was going though, due to my abuse of opiates. I finally got help and I have been sober now for 9 months! I'm still with my girlfriend and we are getting married in september. My life came back together once I got help.

So, I don't think your boyfriend wants to break up with you. From what I've read and understood from you, it seems like this is just a subliminal cry for help. I think he needs you now, more than ever. As I said, I got help… but only because I had a strong woman by my side who helped me, encouraged me and stayed on my back! lol.

I hope I was of some help Jessilyn :-)

Michael
Michael congratulations on 9 months !! and an upcoming wedding!!

My husband pulled away from me at the beginning of his treatment too. There were multiple factors. He felt horrible about himself, insecure, worthless to a certain degree, unworthy of me. And he was scared too, afraid he might not be able to quit, stay quit, afraid what would happen between us if he didn't. worried what my reaction would be and he knew I wouldn't give up on him, I held him accountable and believed in him. That scared him too because he was afraid he would let me down.

jessilynn712 I dont know if my share helps you, but Im sorry your going through this. I hope your bf does ask his parents for help and is able to go in the right direction from here.