View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Germany1

Day 10, first major bump impending

Okay so I'm on day 10 of no drinking. I've been really busy the past two weeks but am going home in a few days. I'll be chilling with my friends every night probably, seeing as how I don't see them very often. Problem is all we normally do is smoke weed and get drunk, and I haven't seen them since my current attempt at quitting alcohol. I still smoke weed, and honestly don't foresee that changing anytime soon, but I'm really trying to not cave on the drinking. Im not going to not see my friends (we go way back), and I'm not going to be the one to tell them they can't drink around me (I still don't know how I'm going to tell them I'm not drinking). At this point in my abstinence from alcohol, I feel like it's outside my system and I have control, but I'm still scared. I still crave the sensation of inebriation, and know that not drinking's going to be really tough. Any thoughts? I'm thinking about telling my one closest friend about my problem so he won't pressure me/so I'll have an immediate reason to stay sober. I guess I'm just nervous about this part. Anybody have any coping tools/something I can say to myself when socializing to help me not steer towards the beer?