Old 05-07-2014, 04:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
asm505

Thank you all for your support and advice. This has truly been a very hard decision for me and while I know it is hurting him, I need some space from the situation.

To answer some of your questions, I am seeing a counselor on my own to help deal with my anger and the stress if this doesn't work out for us.

He hasn't had a drink since that Sunday that he has 16-18 beers (9 days) but I also recognize that this is crisis time and my fear is what will happen 3 months down the road or 6 months? Will we be in the same place yet again? We seriously end up back in this same pattern atleast once a year, usually more. Where I am so fed up and lonely that I want out, he promises changes, I believe him and I am the only one that changes - I change my expectations to fit his behavior. I will say that this time he has taken the proper steps to quit drinking by getting evaluated and agreeing to the outpatient intensive therapy but I still fear the future.

My fear is that if I stay with him, I will not even know who I am in a few years. It seems like a little bit of me is gone each time this happens.

Again, thank you all for your replies and I want to read over them again when I have more time. Thank you Sober for your response from the other perspective. I know that he hasn't done this stuff to purposely hurt me but how long do I sacrifice my own happiness and needs? You guys have given me things to think about.