View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ruby2

Hi tetra. It can be done and when the time is right, you will know it. I moved back in with my parents when I was 31 or so. I bought a house of my own not too far from them when I was 36. Decided after being confronted at work about smelling of alcohol that I needed to get sober and went to outpatient treatment where I met my husband. Not a road I would recommend for finding a partner but I can't change that and wouldn't at this point even though we have had a very rocky road at times as we took turns relapsing and sobering up. It is best to get the sobriety well under way before adding someone to your life.

Anyway, I was 40 when we married and we now have two children, an eight year old boy and a 5.5 year old girl. I will be fifty in November. My husband is ten years younger than me. I never ever thought I would have children. I never thought I would marry again. I had a short lived marriage straight out of college and thought I would be single ever after that. So, believe me, You have time. I know when I was 33 I didn't feel that it was young but it is. Really. There is a whole world of people out there. When you decide you are ready keep yourself open to people you might not necessarily have dated before. And it will come without forcing. You always sound like such a lovely thoughtful person in your posts. That is such a blessing.